Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New House, New Blog

So my wife and I just moved into our new house, well really we have had it for a month now, but now that we are here we are enjoying the quirks of living in a 80+ year old home. As such, I now have to live up to my claims of being a handyman. My wife is unsure of my abilities, and honestly my track record is not the best, but I will continue to strive to improve. So, thus is born my blog, Misadventures in being a Handyman. From the ashes of failure will come success, or at least grudging acceptance.

Projects that I will post on here soon will be garden work, somehow the inspection in March missed the poison ivy that came up in May. Painting the kitchen cabinets, some how sponges still leave brush marks. Building a table/desk for my wife, something I have never even tried to do in the past, but I did take lots of photos and I did research on this one. Plus more to come, like a new water line for the fridge, fixing a wrought iron fence, and more. I'll try to stay on top of it all.

Oh and one last little bit, my wife and I are doing all this without taking time off from our full time jobs. Yeah, the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment